Thursday 4 December 2014

Almost Three-Series

My husband just had his birthday a few days back.
He said he was feeling sentimental.
I asked whether he was sad, just to make sure how 'sentimental' he was feeling.
He said, "I'm not sad, I just feel sentimental,"

Actually, I really don't know how to 'translate' that sentimental feeling he was talking about.
I don't really do sentimental. I go from happy to sad. No 'sentimental' in between. Haha.
Dumb me, huh?

And then it hits me.

If he is 29 and he is feeling sentimental, probably feeling a bit low about some pasts. How would I feel when I am 29? Well , it is still years before I come to that age, but still - how would I feel?
I shudder at the thought. And I actually feel sad.

He has a lot of friends. Friends from secondary school, university, his group - but I?

My friend once said to me:

"Stop shutting people down. You shut everyone down,"

Well, I did shut him down too afterwards - that was after he called me a rat. No, actually he said I was way below the rat because I did something impulsive. And that would be a different story.

I am a sucker at being a total friend. Especially when we don't share the same space. I pretty much dislike phones and I really don't know how to start a conversation with a friend that you met after long years of absence.

It was so terrifying - the thought.

Let's just wait a few years and see, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment