Thursday 26 February 2015

Unlike you, I am.. #1

Funny thing, life is.
It always has a remarkable way to knock you in your head.
It has it ways to prove that we're wrong.
And the last laugh always belongs to it.

Think of one instance. Just one, where you think "oh, I will never do that," or
"I am never going to be like that, because unlike you, I am......., "

As for me, I have quite a lot of knocks in my head about this. And yeah, I think life pretty much laugh out loud on me. Boo me. Ah, whatever. That's the beauty of life, no?

There was this particular day, years back. A person I really look up to said to me that she couldn't stand being apart from her husband, she always needed him near. Not clingy, mind you. What she meant was she could not survive long distance relationship.

The topic came up because her husband got transferred to the northern region of the country and she was weighing the decision if she should follow her husband or not since she need to apply for transfer as well (if she is to follow her husband).

I was like, "I will never be that dependent on someone," (Yeah, it was just a whisper in my heart. I really look up to this lady, remember?)

Years went by. Now, I am as dependent on my husband as that lady was. As pathetic as it may sounds, yes. I am dependent on my husband. I would have trouble sleeping if he's not around. Again, yes, I'm hopeless.

One time I needed to go for a 4 days 3 nights course at Sabak Bernam, I have trouble sleeping for the whole time. And I missed him so damn much I couldn't wait to go home. On the side note that course was boring. Haha.

Looking back a few years, I was so independent. I really don't mind going anywhere alone. I'm not the type of girl that would always need company, even (and especially) for toilets. I didn't depend much on my parents. I worked my ass of whenever I had the chance.

In my defence, I'm not dependent in all sense. I don't expect my husband does every single thing. I just need him near. Not all the time, mind you. I do treasure my alone time. Ah, I don't know whether people will get this or not. Whatever.

I do think this is a good thing, though.

I mean, guys would like an independent woman but they also like to feel needed and depended on. Right, guys?

Or is it just me justifying myself?

Like I said, life is laughing out loud at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment