Monday 10 September 2012

I Wish We Met Sooner


Most of couples will utter this sentence.
 I wish I met you sooner. I’ll save the past heartbreaks. My heart won’t be as wounded as it is now – if we met sooner, love.  I love you, honey.

Kalaulah saya jumpa awak sebelum saya .....

As a strong believer of everything-happens-for-a-reason, this i-wish-i-met-you-sooner scenario is such a contradiction. Often, when somebody say so, I will just smile and say, “No, if we met sooner, I might not love you as much as I do now,” *wink.

Okay, I do have these feelings too sometimes,  oh, I wish I met this guy sooner, but I change the thoughts afterwards. Believe. No way the guy would mean much to me if I met him at different time.

Imagine.
You have spent one year with a guy who is a total douchebag.  He even hits you at times. Of course he does apologize afterwards, but the damage has already been done. But you forgive him anyway, in the name of so-called love.  After a while, you can’t take it anymore and you left.
Then, you met another guy who is so soft-spoken (but still is manly, not the woman-like soft spoken) and appreciate you and never hits you – even at his top level of rage. Don’t you think you are going to be really grateful and appreciate him? Like really really really really appreciate and love him?

If you met him earlier, say one year back, before you even know the hitting-douchebag, I believe you won’t be appreciating the guy the same way you do if you meet him now. Get my point?

Okay, in simpler example. You won’t appreciate your food if you have never starved before.

That is why, when somebody says that to me,
I always smile and say no.
I’m glad we met at the time we met.

Notaantaraaksara : Kita tak tahu apa rancangan Tuhan, tetapi Tuhan itu Maha Penyayang. =) So, have faith in Him, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment